Director – Dunedinmusic.com New Zealand
Scott Muir is strategic Director of boutique record label and aggregation company Dunedinmusic.com Ltd, based in Dunedin, New Zealand.
Scott has worked in a variety of roles across the music industry including label management. artist management, label A&R, event & touring management, and online retail. An active member of Independent Music NZ Trade Association IMNZ for 7 years, Scott has held the Deputy Chair’s role since 2011, managing business plans and strategy for the organization.
Scott specializes in strategic direction and highlights of his career to date are:
- Rebuilding the career of NZ artist Martin Phillipps – of iconic NZ band The Chills, including their first new album in 19 years, sell out 2014 tour of UK/EU and subsequent signing to new labels internationally.
- Winning the NZ Music Folk album of the year 2008 award (the Tui) working with Dunedin band Delgirl.
- Guest lecturing 2010-2014 in the University of Otago (NZ) Music Industry papers.
- Developing touring circuits within NZ.
- Exporting NZ artists Two Cartoons and Jake Cropley to the UK.
- Developing direct B2B relationships with Apple/Spotify/Google Music and others.
- Delivering local entertainment to Rugby World cup 2011.
- Building a local “place-based” music community and ecosystem in 2002, providing support and mentoring to local artists. This was set in place several years ahead of the advent of Social Media.
In addition Scott is a long serving Trustee of the Dunedin Fringe Arts Festival, has worked as regional coordinator for the NZ branch of the Music Managers Forum (MMF) and has 6+ years lobbying experience in the creative industries with local and Central Government in NZ.